Last Updated: 10/10/2023
This Policy should be read in conjunction with the SmartVent Terms of Service: smartvent.co.nz/terms-and-conditions/
- “Personal Information”: Means information about an identifiable individual.
- “Privacy Breach”: Means an unauthorized or accidental disclosure, loss, access, or acquisition of personal information that poses a risk to the affected individuals.
- “Consent”: Means freely given, informed, and unambiguous agreement by the individual to the collection, use, or disclosure of their personal information.
- Information We Collect
a) Personal Information
We may collect various types of personal information, including but not limited to:
- Contact information (e.g., email address, phone number)
- Shipping and billing address
- Payment information (e.g., credit card details)
- Order history
- Preferences and interests
- Communication preferences
- Information required by law for anti-money laundering purposes
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter this information however the service we are able to provide may be affected.
b) Automatically Collected Information
When you visit our website or use our services, we may automatically collect certain information, such as:
- IP address
- Browser type and version
- Operating system
- Referring URL
- Page views
- Interaction with our website (e.g., clicks, time spent)
c) Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device when you visit a website. They help websites recognize your device and remember information about your visit, preferences, and interactions. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
We may use any of the below types of cookies:
- Essential Cookies: Those necessary for the website to function.
- Analytics Cookies: Used for gathering anonymous data about user behavior.
- Functionality Cookies: Used for remembering user preferences.
- Advertising and Targeting Cookies: Used for displaying relevant ads.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Third-party marketing providers to send you marketing communications (with your consent)
- Third-party service providers to create and manage customer lists for online advertising and to deliver personalised advertisements
- Service providers (e.g., payment processors, shipping carriers)
- Accredited installer to facilitate home assessments and warranty repairs
- Finance providers (Q-Card / Flexicard) to assist with finance applications, where applicable
- Legal compliance and law enforcement when required
a) Q Card / Flexicard
If we collect information from you not related to your property, such as personal financial information for an online finance application, we do not retain this information once the application is completed.
- How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal information for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with the delivery of our services, and those of our accredited installers
- Processing and fulfilling orders
- Assist you with an online finance application, if applicable
- Sending transactional communications (e.g., order confirmations, shipping notifications and delivery/appointment updates)
- Sending marketing communications (with your consent)
- Personalizing your shopping experience
- Improving our products and services
- Analyzing website usage and trends
- Complying with legal obligations
a) Communication Methods
We use various communication methods (including SMS and email) to enhance your experience and keep you informed about important updates and offers:
- Transactional Communications: These may include order confirmations, shipping and appointment notifications, and delivery updates. They are crucial for ensuring the smooth processing of your transactions and enhancing your overall shopping experience.
- Marketing Communications: With your explicit consent, we send communications to share information about our latest products, promotions, and relevant offers. You have the option to opt-in or opt-out of receiving these communications, and you can update your communication preferences at any time.
Consent: We respect your choices regarding communications. By providing us with your contact information and engaging with our services, you consent to receiving transactional communications necessary for completing your transactions. Additionally, you can opt-in to receive marketing communications by indicating your preference during the sign-up process or by adjusting your communication preferences in your account settings.
Opting Out: You have the option to opt-out of marketing communications at any time by using the unsubscribe process provided in the communications or by adjusting your communication preferences in your account settings. Opting out of marketing communications will not affect your receipt of essential transactional communications.
Charges: We do not charge for the Service, but some third-party service providers do, you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your provider. Check your mobile plan and contact your provider for details.
We are committed to ensuring that our communications are relevant, valuable, and aligned with your preferences. If you have any questions or concerns about our communications, please contact us.
- Your Rights
You have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- Request access to your information
- Opt-out of marketing communications
- Update or correct your personal information
- Delete your account (if applicable)
- Disable cookies
If you believe we have breached your privacy rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner in New Zealand.
We employ reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure.
- Third-Party Links and Services
Our website may contain links to third-party websites and services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third parties.
- Contact Us